1. Make a deep side part. Section out a 1-inch-wide strip from your part to temple, then clip back the rest of the hair.
2. Separate a small section at the top into 3 pieces.
3. Cross the piece closest to the hairline over the middle piece, then cross the outer piece over the middle piece.
4. Before crossing the hairline piece over the middle again, take some hair just below and combine it with the piece, then cross it all over the middle.
5. Repeat this on the outer piece, taking a small bit from below and combining it with the piece, then crossing it all over the middle.
6. Keep French braiding to where the head curves, then braid normally to the bottom.
7. Pin the braid to the side of your head and let down the rest of your hair.
Best hair color: The right hair color can take 10 years off your face and give you the best hairstyle. Start off with your perfect hair color match from eSalon.com – just go to the site for a free consultation!
Once you find your personal hair color match, their expert colorists will blend an individual color just for you, like in a salon, complete with personalized instructions and coloring accessories. Then they’ll mail it right to your door for a convenient home application.
First time clients can get a complete custom color kit for only $9.95* (50% off!) with a satisfaction guarantee or your money back.