1) Hair grows at about 1.25 centimeters or 0.5 inches per month. That’s about 15 cm. or 6 in. per year!
2) Gender is not one of the traits that can be identified through hair analysis, but hair is frequently used in genetic testing.
3) The scientific term for gray hair is “canities.”
4) A strand of hair is stronger than a copper wire of equivalent diameter.
5) Black hair is the most common hair color in the entire world, red hair is the most rare.
6) Each strand of hair can contain up to 14 different elements including traces of Gold!
7) Your hair does not grow slower in the winter. Less fruits and veggies in the diet combined with drier weather, makes hair appear less healthy during winter months.
8) There is no such thing as gray hair. Hair is either pigmented or white. When white hairs grow next to pigmented hairs the result is a dull, grayish cast.
9) Hair color can not lighten previously colored hair. To achieve a lighter color you must use a lightening product like bleach or color remover to lift out pigment.
10) Human hair is used by eco-friendly volunteer groups to clean up oil spills.
Find a hair color that’s uniquely you today! Choose from over 55,000 color options at eSalon.com.