Thin, unhealthy hair can be one of the major factors contributing to your face’s age. But you don’t have to go down without a fight. Here are seven handy hair tricks to make you look youthful even in your years of wisdom.
- Bangs. Bangs can do wonders to flatter your face and make it look years younger. However, the trick is finding a shape that will flatter your face instead of making you look like an overgrown kid. If you have a longer, thin face, try going with straight bangs. If your face is rounder, go for a long, choppy bang cut. If you’re not sure which will work best, try side-swept bangs – they look good on almost any face shape.
- No ponytails. If your roots are growing in, don’t put your hair into a slicked-back ponytail or sharply defined part. Pulling the hair straight back from your face puts your gray hair right on display. Instead, try a textured, wavy style that lets your gray roots blend in with the rest of your hair.
- Thicken up. If your hair is thinner than it used to be, make it look fuller by using a thickening, volumizing, or texturizing product when you style it. An extra trick can be gently teasing the roots around the crown of your head and the under layers of the lower half.
- Shine. Shiny hair can make you look healthy and youthful. Use a shine gloss or deep moisturizer to make your hair reflect light and bring out extra shine.
- Keep your color. Brighter hair color takes years off your age and prevents your hair from washing out your face. If you’ve colored your hair, lock in the color with a color safe shampoo and conditioner. It’s important that your shampoo is gentle so it doesn’t damage and strip the hair.
- Flattering cut. Stay away from blunt, harsh cuts around your face. Face-framing layers tend to be flattering for most face shapes and open up your face to make you look younger.
- Strengthen. Use anti-breakage and strengthening products on your hair to create protective layers around your hair strands and seal split ends. This will make your hair look much more healthy and thick.
Best At-Home Hair Color
eSalon.com, the hottest home hair color solution, has colorists and salon grade ingredients to offer the best home hair color solution on the market. And it’s ruffling the feathers of hairstylists across the country.
Estelle, eSalon’s Color Director, says: “Outraged colorists tell me, ‘You’re going to put us out of business!’”
They’re outraged because eSalon provides high quality home hair color at an affordable price, under the guidance of salon professionals. And it’s nothing like the one-size-fits-all boxed hair color you get at a drugstore.
Instead, they provide custom blended hair color like you’d get in a salon. They use salon-grade ingredients that leave hair soft, shiny and provide excellent gray coverage. The personalized pigment even has your name on the bottle, because it’s made for you and no one else.
For the ultimate convenience, the order is delivered to your doorstep for under $20. Compare that to the $100-plus price tag local hairdressers charge!
Right now, first time customers can get a full color kit for just $9.95 (50% savings!) by visiting www.eSalon.com. Try it now!